6 Activities to Do with Dad on Father’s Day

6 Activities to Do with Dad on Father’s Day

Your fitness journey isn’t a solitary one. Who better to share it with than Dad? There’s still time to plan a Father’s Day that includes a fun, outdoor activity that you can enjoy together. We here at Under Armour Connected Fitness put together our favorite Father’s Day memories and ideas that are meant to get you and Dad moving. And just in case you haven’t splurged for a gift, we’ve added some last-minute item ideas from the engagement team at Under Armour® (brought to you by Academy Sports + Outdoors®) that’ll make for a memorable day.

1. Row, row, row a boat
One of my favorite memories is stuffing a backpack full of snacks and putting on a couple sweaters in anticipation of riding paddleboats around Stowe Lake in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. My dad would let my sister and me paddle and steer while he pointed out wildlife (people included). – Demi Tsasis

Our picks:
Storm Hustle backpack
Triblend fleece full zip hoodie

2. Tennis, anyone?
I entered my first-ever tennis tournament on Father’s Day weekend of 1999. My Dad got the whole family into tennis, but definitely in a very recreational way. We had no idea what to expect from a “tournament” — but I made the finals … on Father’s Day. The whole family showed up, decked out in tennis gear, even though I was the only one playing. I won and hit balls into the crowd (which was pretty much made up of just the respective families) — but my Dad still has that ball to this day. – Jonathan Katz

Our picks:
Men’s UA Tech tank top
Men’s Qualifier woven shorts
Shadow Run cap

3. Head for the great outdoors
One of my favorite memories is an epic Father’s Day weekend camping trip Pops and I took deep in the Ozark Mountains. There were lots of highlights – catching our crappie limit before lunchtime and a face-to-face encounter with a hungry raccoon, to name two – but hiking through a storm is the most vivid in my mind. To this day, I remember shivering under a juniper tree, dreaming of my warm hoodie back at camp. – Jake Morse

Our picks:
Men’s Fish Hook Bucket Hat
Men’s Tide Swing Plaid Button Down Fishing Shirt
Men’s Speedfit Low Hike Boots

4. Go fly a kite!
My favorite Father’s Day memory: high-tailing it to the nearest beach when we found out that morning he was going to get the day off! It’s so rare for my dad to get any time off – he’s always hustling at his work. He taught my sister and me how to fly a kite and how to skip rocks (unsuccessfully) on the windy ocean. We had a ton of fun connecting on the simple things in life. It made me realize there’s no greeting card substitute for quality time. – Trinh Le

Our picks:
Men’s Sportstyle Windbreaker

5. Get a move-on before breakfast
It’s a classic move to treat your dad to a special Father’s Day brunch – but earn your omelets with a Sunday morning stroll together first! A quick walk or jog before breakfast is a great way to be active and get some quality time together. If you’re vying with siblings to remain the favorite, new shoes and an extra side of bacon will probably do the trick. – Elle Penner

Our picks:
Under Armour Running Shoes

6. Tee time for two
Spring weekends in my household meant tee times and the hum of a golf announcer in the background of any family dinner. As a kid, I thought golf was long and boring. But today, I see how it brings my dad, brother and husband together for a few hours to hone a sport that makes them think, reflect and even smile sometimes (when they aren’t being too hard on themselves). I’m gearing up to take my first lesson with my dad this summer. – Katie Krum

Our picks:
Men’s Release Golf Polo Shirt
Men’s Jordan Spieth 2.0 Tour Cap

Academy Sports + Outdoors® is a premier sports, outdoor and lifestyle retailer with a broad assortment of quality hunting, fishing and camping equipment and gear along with sports and leisure products, footwear, apparel, fitness and much more. The Academy Sports + Outdoors® philosophy is to deliver an unparalleled shopping experience by providing convenience, offering a broad selection of quality products, delivering exceptional customer service and selling the right stuff at everyday low prices.

The post 6 Activities to Do with Dad on Father’s Day appeared first on Hello Healthy.



from Hello Healthy http://ift.tt/1YnTRfK
via